Food Processing and Manufacturing
Food operations are subject to increasingly stringent regulations from all levels of government on air emissions as well as community pressures to solve unregulated issues such as odor control; successful companies recognize that many stakeholders need to be satisfied or face negative business consequences, including penalties and negative publicity. The highly competitive nature of the industry, as well as the need to keep stakeholders satisfied, means manufacturers must be diligent in selecting cost-effective, reliable equipment that meets the air pollution control requirements to keep their operation running smoothly and maintain a positive reputation.
Pollution Systems recognizes that each operational problem is unique and that the tailored solution must meet governmental regulations while supporting the individual plant's production and operational goals. Our roots in industrial-grade equipment allow us to steer customers through the complicated array of technologies and provide them with comprehensive solutions that will give lifetime satisfaction. Our systems have solved a broad range of challenging issues, such as VOC treatment, odor control, and removing particulate matter (including PM 2.5 or PM 10) from food manufacturing, including the drying and cooking processes. Each solution is designed to meet your company-specific permit and safety requirements and includes a performance guarantee.
Animal feed processors have similar issues regarding airborne VOCs, odors, and particulate matter that they must control. Dust particulate (including PM 10 and PM 2.5) may enter the exhaust stream during the grinding and drying processes. Unpleasant odors may generate during manufacturing or processing. VOCs may also evolve during the manufacturing or drying process. Pollution Systems offers solutions to remove the odor, particulate, and VOCs from the exhaust stream to keep your facility compliant with its permit.
Agricultural Processing Facility
Air Pollution Equipment for Food Processing
Typical air control solutions for the food and feed industry include Wet Scrubbers and Thermal Oxidizers:
- Multi-Vane Scrubbers – ideal for fine particulate (PM 2.5) removal and used by our customers in cereal and yeast manufacturing.
- Venturi Scrubbers – its clean-in-place system makes it very effective in grease or oil-laden air emissions, and our customers effectively use them to treat exhaust from meat cooking.
- Chemical Scrubbers – very effective for controlling many odors formed in food or food waste processing.
- Catalytic Oxidizers – suitable for cleaner air streams that need treatment of odor or VOCs in bakery or coffee roasting applications.
- Recuperative Thermal Oxidizers – compatible with higher-temperature drying processes, it uses combustion to neutralize odors in the exhaust that contains high levels of particulate or VOCs.
Every system is engineered and built specifically for each application and includes Automated System Controls to optimize efficiency, reliability, safety, and ease of operations while reducing operator interaction. Contact us to request a copy of our cut sheets.
- Odor Control Case Study
- Food Manufacturer Resolves Process Complications Using a Multi-Vane Scrubber System by Pollution Systems Case Study
- Venturi Scrubber Successfully Removes Grease and Particulates from Exhaust After Failed Solutions Case Study
Wet Scrubbers or Oxidizers Tailored to Your Process Application
We are passionate about helping manufacturers produce responsibly by restoring process air to a clean state. Meeting regulatory challenges with minimal operational interference can be a strategic asset, and Pollution Systems can provide you with a holistic solution that meets the unique specifications of your food processing application. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide an efficient, reliable, cost-effective solution that brings complete ownership satisfaction. Even after the commissioning of your system, we are here to provide technical support throughout the life of the equipment.
Buying equipment from Pollution Systems is only the beginning, not the end. We design and build the systems and provide technical support throughout the life of the equipment. We also offer short, medium and long-term Rentals of our Thermal Oxidizers for industrial processing during the installation of new equipment, for extra waste processing during remediation, or for running pilot studies prior to purchase.
Let Pollution Systems assist in defining the best path forward for your challenge.
Contact us HERE to request a quote from Pollution Systems.
If you would like to speak directly to our sales department you may call 832-730-1209 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org