Metal Finishing processes can include grinding, polishing, etching, cleaning, coating and laminating to produce a final product. Grinding, polishing and etching generate dust that must be captured and eliminated from the exhaust stream. Coating and laminating generate waste vapor during application and drying that must be removed prior to releasing exhaust into the atmosphere. Pollution Systems offers a full line of Wet Scrubbers and Thermal Oxidizers to address these issues.
Types of Scrubbers & Oxidizers for Metal Finishing
- Wet Scrubbers inject cleaning liquids into the exhaust stream to either react with or entrain the pollutant, depending on whether it is a gas or particulate.
- Particulate/ Venturi Scrubbers remove the dust and other particulate that results from grinding, polishing and etching metal by injecting liquid to capture the particulate.
- Gas/Chemical Scrubbers react with contaminants in the exhaust gas to create a salt that are able to be removed from the vapor.
- Thermal Oxidizers use combustion to destroy the pollutants in the exhaust stream, and can achieve destruction rates in excess of 99%. They are most effective for residue from coating processes, and can treat emissions containing Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- Recuperative Oxidizers are most effective for exhaust streams containing VOCs and particulate as they are resistant to plugging and can be easily maintained. These oxidizers can be used to treat residue from cleaning, coating and laminating processes.
- Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers are used for vapor with lower VOC and particulate concentrations and are highly energy-efficient.
- Catalytic Oxidizers are used with low, stable VOC concentrations, and are used for coating processes that do not release high levels of pollutants into the exhaust stream.
Scrubber and Oxidizer Systems Tailored to Achieve YOUR Goals
Pollution Systems’ custom designs can provide you with a Wet Scrubber or Thermal Oxidizer to meet the requirements of your Metal Finishing application. We have designed and manufactured scrubbers and oxidizers for Metal Finishing operations ranging from grinding to laminating, and have the skills and experience to design an energy-efficient, cost-effective solution for your air pollution control requirements.
Buying equipment from Pollution Systems is only the beginning, not the end. We design and build the systems and provide technical support throughout the life of the equipment. We also offer short, medium and long-term Rentals of our Thermal Oxidizers and Wet Scrubbers for industrial processing during the installation of new equipment, for extra waste processing during remediation, or for running pilot studies prior to purchase.
Contact us today to request a quote from Pollution Systems
or call us at 713-574-6661