Petrochemical and Oil & Gas Processing generates exhaust streams laden with potentially harmful chemical and gas residue. Chemical Scrubbers , Enclosed Thermal Flares aka Combustors, Recuperative Thermal Oxidizers, and Catalytic Oxidizers are used to remove the residue from the exhaust. Pollution Systems has a full line of scrubbers and oxidizers with modern, System Automation specifically designed to remove the particular chemical or residue waste generated by each facility's process.
Types of Oxidizers & Scrubbers for the Petrochemical Industry
- Chemical/Gas Scrubbers remove petrochemical and gas residue in exhaust vapors. Cleaning liquids are injected into the scrubber and mixed with the exhaust vapor. The required contact time needed between the vapor and cleaning fluids is determined based on the pollutant in the vapor that needs to be removed, its concentration in the exhaust and the desired removal efficiency. Typically, an acidic or basic solution is recirculated in the scrubber depending on the pollutants targeted for treatment. With destruction rates over 99%, these scrubbers produce clean exhaust for release into the atmosphere.
- Recuperative Oxidizers are most effective for exhaust streams containing Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and particulate concentrations that would foul other types of air pollution control equipment. The oxidation process uses combustion to destroy the pollutants and can achieve destruction rates over 99%. Energy from the discharge of the oxidizer chamber is used to preheat the incoming process gas. Our recuperative oxidizers are designed for long-term operation and to facilitate maintenance.
- Enclosed Flares are used to treat high VOC exhaust streams. Enclosed flares offer demonstratable, high destruction rates at greater than 99% and have no visible flame compared to traditional flares.
- Catalytic Oxidizers are used with low, stable VOC concentrations, and are used to treat petrochemical process exhaust streams that do not contain high levels of particulate nor poisons.
Take a look at this new case study for waste gas abatement at an Amine Facility:
- Horizontal Enclosed Flare Effectively Abates Variable Waste Acid Gas Exhaust For NM Amine Facility-Case Study
Oxidizer and Scrubber Systems Designed For Your Industrial Process
Pollution Systems’ custom designs can provide you with a Chemical/Gas Scrubber , Recuperative Thermal Oxidizer, Enclosed Flare or Catalytic Oxidizer for your Petrochemical Processing application. Our expert design staff will work closely with you to design an energy-efficient, reliable and long-lasting emissions control system.
Buying equipment from Pollution Systems is only the beginning, not the end. We design and build the systems and provide technical support throughout the life of the equipment. We also offer short, medium and long-term Rentals of our Thermal Oxidizers and Wet Scrubbers for industrial processing during the installation of new equipment, for extra waste processing during remediation, or for running pilot studies prior to purchase.
Contact us HERE to request a quote from Pollution Systems.
If you would like to speak directly to our sales department you may call 832-730-1209 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org